Title: Academic Advisor
Salary Range: $2,806 per month
Contract Term Length: 12 Months
Standard Hours: 37.5
Work Location: On-Site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
College: Hopkinsville Community College
Campus Location: Hopkinsville Fort Campbell C.C
Department: Student Services
Hopkinsville Community College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
The primary purpose of the full time Academic Advisor is to provide academic and career counseling to enhance students’ academic success.
• Advise students of academic progress and direction to enhance academic success and progress toward graduation. Make recommendations and suggestions based on professional judgment and experience relative to the student’s degree pathway.
• Design, plan, and execute advising sessions for new students. Advise new students of academic progress and direction to enhance success.
• Responsible for drafting Service Members Opportunity College Active Duty (SOCAD) degree plans per consortium agreement with SOC. Monitor students’ progress on academic plan, and recommend academic options toward graduation in accordance with their academic calendar and military schedule. Enroll military students in PeopleSoft.
• First-line evaluator of Joint Services Transcript for military students based on approved processes. Responsible for researching any changes or possible options for additional credit to submit for review and approval by the Fort Campbell Campus Director.
• Act as designee in absence of Fort Campbell Campus Director for operations related to the Education Center as needed.
• Supervise Student Affairs Assistant II. Provide coverage and service in absence of Admissions/Record staff. Work in collaboration with additional Student Services personnel who rotate to Fort Campbell.
• Other duties as assigned by Fort Campbell Campus Director.
• Bachelor degree (Education with focus on counseling or student affairs, or related field), and two years related experience, or equivalent.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Ability to plan, organize and implement events and day-to-day operations/duties.
• Demonstrates and facilitates a team spirit in department and community.
• Excellent computer skills.
Additional Skills Requested:
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.