Title: Academic Advisor Military and Veteran Services
Salary Range: $35,568.00
Contract Term Length: 12 Months
Standard Hours: 37.5
Work Location: On-Site
FLSA Status: Exempt
College: Elizabethtown Community & Technical College
Campus Location: Elizabethtown CTC
Department: Military & Veteran Services
Elizabethtown Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
Elizabethtown Community & Technical College is seeking an Academic Advisor to provide academic advice to determine appropriate education solutions for all military and veteran students and their dependents. Serve as a Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) certifying official for the college and counsel all veterans and their dependents on their educational benefits and responsibilities.
• Maintain and update appropriate application and student records and assist students in
completing required applications across the college and military systems.
• Develops Student Agreements, Degree Maps, Course Planners, and Education Training
Plans and Coordinates Degree Audits.
• Initiates and maintains individual student files via Starfish and as appropriate, updates
and evaluates files as new information is received including all information scanned into
• Collaborates with the ECTC Fort Knox Center to upload student agreement degree plans
and course planners to ArmyIgnitED for military students to request tuition assistance and
navigate ArmyIgnitED, MyCAA, Air Force, and Navy-Marine.
• Evaluates Prior Credit and apply it to the student’s program guide in order to process
veterans’ educational benefits.
• Enter NOC service indicators on VA students’ accounts in PeopleSoft that are pending VA
funding for tuition.
• Assist director with compliance surveys & audits; military-related events and outreach.
• Process debt management letters sent to ECTC by the DVA for student debts.
• Provide support services to students such as assisting with student accounts or
• Refer students to appropriate faculty advisors or other student affairs services.
• Learn cross-functional tasks and perform another task as assigned by the supervisor.
• Maintain knowledge of current KCTCS, DVA, Department of Defense (DOD), and other
federal and state regulations and policies pertaining to military and veteran student and
Bachelor’s Degree and 1-year related experience, or equivalent.
• Commitment to working with a diverse student population, and the community and
technical college mission.
• Knowledgeable about Military and Veteran needs and transitions.
• Knowledge of VA-ONCE, Military Education Software, and PeopleSoft program a plus.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites and the ability to navigate the internet and social
Additional Skills Requested:
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Detailed organizational skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to be flexible and to work in a fast-paced environment.
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.