Title: Academic Prog Facilitator
Salary Range: $37,704.00
Contract Term Length: 12 Months
Standard Hours: 37.5
Work Location: On-Site
FLSA Status: Exempt
College: Elizabethtown Community & Technical College
Campus Location: Elizabethtown CTC
Department: Student Affairs
Elizabethtown Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
Elizabethtown Community & Technical College is seeking an Academic Counselor to join the TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) team. The counselor must show a sincere interest in students as people and be free of biases toward individuals from historically excluded populations and diverse backgrounds. The person filling this position will provide general counseling services to those students identified as part of the SSS program and will regularly work with admissions, financial aid, registrar, student accessibility, academic divisions, and other ECTC faculty and staff to provide identified students with the full range of institutional services. Services include academic advising and transfer advising, financial literacy and FAFSA completion, mentoring/tutoring, personal development, goal setting, and needs assessment.
TRIO Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded grant program serving 185 first-generation, limited-income, and/or students with a physical or learning disability. SSS promotes the academic success, personal development, persistence, and retention of college students who are traditionally underrepresented in postsecondary education.
Position contingent on grant funding; funded through August 31, 2025, and is renewable.
1. Assist the SSS director with the identification and recruitment of targeted students.
2. Help students identify, clarify, choose and implement realistic educational, career, transfer, and personal goals.
3. Conduct intake meetings to ensure the student is eligible and has a need for the program.
4. Help plan and implement diagnostic testing and assessment techniques that foster student self-understanding and decision-making.
5. Provide individualized academic coaching to targeted students to improve retention and completion rates.
6. Conduct graduation audits with students on an ongoing basis, and complete final graduation audits for all SSS students upon program completion.
7. Maintain SSS student record files as required, including a record of all student contacts.
8. Assist targeted students with the financial aid application process.
9. Provide academic advisement/registration to targeted students each semester as needed.
10. Assist students in understanding the entire college transfer process, including organizing trips to local four-year universities, providing individualized assistance to students with the application process to four-year institutions, as well as the process for obtaining financial aid/scholarships at the four-year college or university.
11. Plan and conduct a variety of SSS activities, such as educational and social activities, cultural enrichment activities, and educational counseling to improve the financial and academic literacy of SSS students.
12. Maintain social media presence as well as update Blackboard shell and respond to Starfish alerts.
13. Assist the SSS Director with formative and summative evaluation, grant writing, and reporting.
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in counseling, student personnel work, education, or other related field and one year of related work experience, or equivalent.
Two years of experience in counseling, education, or a closely related field is preferred. Experience in post-secondary academic advisement/assessment preferred.
Additional Skills Requested:
Computer skills and competency with Microsoft Word and Excel are needed. The ability to read and interpret budget and financial documents, manuals, procedure reports, and other similar documents is required. Must be willing to travel as needed to fulfill the requirements of the grant, with some possible overnight trips necessary.
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.