Title: Accessibility Services Coordinator
Salary Range: $41,195 - $44,940
Contract Term Length: 12 Months
Standard Hours: 37.5
Work Location: Hybrid
FLSA Status: Exempt
College: Jefferson Community & Technical College
Campus Location: Jefferson Community College
Department: Access*Ability Resource Center
Jefferson Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
The Access*Ability Resource Center (ARC) of Jefferson Community and Technical College is accepting applications for an Accessibility Services Coordinator (working title). This position coordinates contracted services for students who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing, and requires, flexibility, teamwork, and leadership. Additionally, the Accessibility Services Coordinator assists the ARC Program Director in meeting the unique demands for services while implementing the college’s policies and procedures.
• Promotes a positive department atmosphere which is student-centered and success oriented.
• Provides community awareness through education to faculty, staff, and administration about disability issues while promoting inclusion, and reinforcing retention efforts for students with disabilities.
• Identifies appropriate accommodations for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Students and other students with various disabilities receiving services from the Access*Ability Resource Center.
• Coordinates the scheduling of external interpreting service providers, textbook vendors, and other contract accommodation partners - reviews related invoices, and processes for payment.
• Knowledge and understanding of Deaf culture.
• Assures compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 when serving students with disabilities.
• Provides direct services for Jefferson students with disabilities (at all six campuses and online), guiding them through intake as a new student, orientation/advising, testing, counseling, and accommodations.
• Reviews medical, psychological, and academic disability documentation including educational assessments, and recommends reasonable accommodations for students.
• Collects and maintains data related to the services provided to students with disabilities.
• Coordinates and implements program activities and professional development on disability awareness such as Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Autism Spectrum Disorder, and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
• Maintain a caseload of students.
• Stays professionally current with best practices and legislation for disability services by participating in department, college-wide, regional, and national trainings.
• Actively participates on assigned college and community committees that promotes a supportive environment for students with disabilities.
• Communicates effectively with the ARC Program Director, the Assistant Dean of Students, and other staff, to ensure continued successful center operations.
• Periodic travel to all six campuses of Jefferson Community and Technical College is required.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Computer literacy required (Microsoft Windows based software). Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Preferred Skills and Attributes:
• Patient, persistent, and a visible passion for students and their success.
• Innovative, creative, resourceful, enjoys a fast-paced environment, self-starter. Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups.
• Ability to coach students, provide triage, and follow-up.
• Willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate student needs.
• Excellent written, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Experience using technology. Familiarity with PeopleSoft and assistive technology strongly preferred.
• Strong administrative skills, organized, and ability to balance competing priorities.
• Knowledge of American Sign Language (ASL) also strongly preferred.
• The preferred candidates should also have experience and sensitivity working with colleagues and students from diverse backgrounds and a commitment to fostering an inclusive work and learning environment in which students from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcome and can thrive.
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.