Title: Adjunct Faculty - Surgical Tech.
Salary Range: $26.75 per hour
Contract Term Length: Not Applicable
Standard Hours: Varies
Work Location: On-Site
FLSA Status: Exempt
College: Bluegrass Community & Technical College
Campus Location: Bluegrass C&TC- Leestown
Department: Allied Health
Part-time adjunct faculty are needed for the Surgical Technology program. This is a part –time position needed primarily for days, but evenings and online are also a possibility. Surgical Technology faculty must direct student learning and assess student progress in achieving the requirements of the programs appropriate learning domains including lectures, labs and clinical settings. This program is Monday – Friday from 7:00-5:00 (hours will vary based on course being taught, classroom and clinical requirements.
**This posting will remain open to retain a pool of qualified applicants. For more information, please contact the Program Coordinator.
For more information, please contact the Program Coordinator.
Kevin Craycraft CST, FAST
Subject areas include instruction in Surgical Technology fundamentals theory and lab, surgical pharmacology, and practicum.
The Surgical Technology adjunct instructor will have responsibilities for providing per-certification surgical technology instruction in both the didactic and clinical setting. Along with directing, evaluating and reporting student progress toward course objectives and general effectiveness of classroom / clinical experiences for students enrolled in the surgical technology program. The adjunct instructor will work under the direction of program coordinator.
• Associate degree in Applied Science or higher in Surgical Technology.
• Must possess the credential of Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) through a national certification program that is accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA) such as the CST credentials offered through The National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA).
• Two years of related experience, either in the operating room scrub role or as an instructor in surgical technology program, or a combination of both, within the past five years.
• Current Association of Surgical Technologist (AST) membership.
• Must maintain currency with the CST credentials and AST membership.
• Teaching experience in a Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (ARC/STSA), accredited surgical technology program preferred.
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.