Title: Biological Sciences Faculty
Salary Range: $40,000
Contract Term Length: 10 Months
Standard Hours: 37.5
Work Location: Hybrid
FLSA Status: Exempt
College: Ashland Community & Technical College
Campus Location: Ashland Comm and Tech College
Department: Academic Affairs
Ashland Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
At Ashland Community and Technical College, we educate with excellence, serve with purpose and equip our students to succeed for life. We are much more than just buildings and programs: we are a community where students find confidence, collaboration, compassion and success. We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Biological Sciences Instructor.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
• Teaching approximately 15 credit hours per semester
• Maintaining weekly office hours
• Advising Students
• Participating on college or system committees
A successful ACTC faculty member will exhibit the following:
• Willingness to work with peers to support the mission of the college
• Willing to teach at times, location and modalities to meet the needs of our students
• Present the current discipline knowledge to teach effectively
• Demonstrate respect for the diverse learning needs of students
• Demonstrate the ability to utilize teaching methods designed for a variety of learning styles
• Willingness to promote diversity, equity and inclusion
• Willingness to participate in the college’s continuous improvement process.
Minimum qualifications include a master’s degree in an area of Biological Sciences with eighteen hours of graduate credit in Biology. Duties also include laboratory preparation and supervision. Assignment may include teaching evening and off-campus classes. This is a ten-month term contract position.
Applications will be accepted until filled. All applicants must submit unofficial documents verifying position qualifications such as college transcripts, professional certification, licensure, etc. Ashland Community and Technical College is a part of the Kentucky Community and Technical College System. ACTC/KCTCS is an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and is committed to providing equal opportunity through its employment practices. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Preference will be given to candidates with post-secondary teaching experience, online teaching experience, and/or who are qualified to teach in more than one area of biological sciences.
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.