Official Title of Position: Biology Instructor – Full-Time Faculty Position
Minimum Monthly Salary: $45,000 annually – 10-month annual contract
• Teach transferable, non-majors/majors biology lectures and laboratories.
• Set up lab exams.
• Develop syllabi, course materials, exams, etc.
• Use computer technology in lecture and laboratory instruction to enhance student learning.
• Work closely with biology faculty.
• Assist part-time instructors and substitutes for absent instructors as needed.
• Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures.
• Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
• Prepare for and conduct classes in an organized and efficient manner.
• Use Blackboard to post the syllabus, lecture notes, announcements, as well as other important information.
• Maintain open and effective communication lines among administrators, faculty, staff, students, and community agencies.
Faculty responsibilities include advising, committee work and other institutional service, community service, and professional development. The successful candidate must possess a strong commitment to student learning and will be receptive to using active and engaged teaching methods and technology in the classroom. In addition, candidates should demonstrate an interest in the mission of the comprehensive community college concept.
• Master’s in biology with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in biology.
• Must have graduate coursework completed in anatomy, physiology and/or immunology.
• Previous teaching experience at the college level preferred.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
To Apply: Please visit our website to make application online: https://careers.kctcs.edu/henderson
In addition, please upload a letter of interest, resume and transcripts.
Applicants will be notified if selected for an interview. Search may be extended if additional candidates are needed.
KCTCS offers an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity. This position is a full-time, term-contraction is a full-time, term-contract position, with the expectancy of continuance based on performance. KY law requires state and national pre-employment background checks as a condition of employment.
The Kentucky Community and Technical College System is an equal educational and employment opportunity institution and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, gender presentation, national origin, age, disability, family medical history, or genetic information. Further, we vigilantly prevent discrimination based on sexual orientation, parental status, marital status, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit-based factor.
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.