Title: Coordinator, Ready-to-Work Program
Salary Range: $2,964/mo.
Contract Term Length: 12 Months
Standard Hours: 37.5
Work Location: On-Site
FLSA Status: Exempt
College: Maysville Community & Technical College
Campus Location: Maysville and Licking Valley Campuses
Maysville Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
Maysville Community & Technical College is currently accepting applications for a full time, term contract, grant-funded position on the Maysville and Licking Valley Campuses for a:
Coordinator, Ready to Work Program
This position recruits and supports low-income/at-risk students to improve their college enrollment, retention and success rates. Services performed include advising and counseling students regarding their academic and career goals and other activities that lead to economic self sufficiency.
1. Identify and recruit eligible participants for the Ready-to-Work initiatives and retain the minimum level of students throughout the project year.
2. Assist clients/potential clients with college admissions, financial aid, adult education enrollment and other college services as needed.
3. Provide case management services such as identification of student needs and referral to appropriate agencies.
4. Develop work experience and work-study placements, both on and off campus.
5. Perform career counseling and assessment; develop action plans in order to meet student needs; and monitor student achievement.
6. Perform academic advising, which coordinates assessment results with appropriate classes for student’s level of ability
7. Supervise and mentor work-study students and act as a liaison with employers.
8. Facilitate and maintain communication with case managers and community agencies.
9. Assist with the determination of campus-based budget needs and work with college business office on the dispersal of grant funds.
10. Other duties as assigned.
(Human Services field – Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or related), and three years related work experience or equivalent.)
1. Commitment to the mission of the comprehensive community and technical college.
2. Personal and professional integrity.
3. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others.
4. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Excellent multi-tasking skills.
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.