Title: Curriculum Alignment & Credit Mobility Director
Salary Range: $78,108.00-$89,652.00
Contract Term Length: 12 Months
Standard Hours: 37.5
Work Location: Hybrid
FLSA Status: Exempt
College: KCTCS System Office
Campus Location: KCTCS System Office
Department: Academic Success
KCTCS System Office offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
The Curriculum Alignment and Credit Mobility Director, serving as a positive leader and innovator, provides support to System-wide initiatives in the Academic Success unit by working collaboratively with the unit’s Executive Directors, Peer Teams, curriculum committees, and other internal/external constituencies. The director facilitates curriculum committees’ ongoing efforts to review/revise program/course competencies, map curricula, and ensure credit mobility. The director also provides support to the planning and development of educational programs, curricula, policies, rules, and guidelines for career pathways, including dual credit, transfer, and competency-based education programs. The director contributes to shaping students’ overall learning journey, including appropriate credit for prior learning and work-based learning opportunities.
• Facilitates and supports the implementation of processes for technical and general education faculty curriculum committees to review program/course competencies, and when necessary, revise and validate them to ensure relevancy and alignment with transfer and workforce requirements.
• Coordinate with Colleges and System Office constituencies – including, but not limited to, Academic Programs & Policies, Research & Policy Analysis, Administrative Services, and Technology Solutions – to support learner success, comply with accreditation requirements, and scale & sustain competency-based education and other flexible offering initiatives.
• Works with appropriate stakeholders to establish and support an approach that maps competencies to courses to ensure the efficient delivery of learning and produce program maps/pathways.
• Guides and assists curriculum committees’ work to develop default pathways of coursework that efficiently move a student to completion/graduation, reducing barriers that can derail students and negatively impact time to degree as well as cost of attendance.
• As modifications to the curriculum are suggested, works closely with the appropriate staff and faculty to move changes through Faculty Senate Curriculum approval process.
• Supports the development and maintenance of career pathways to ensure credit mobility and seamless transitions for dual credit and transfer students. Implement best practices for increasing matriculation as credential seeking students, accelerating completion of credentials, ensuring transfer credit mobility, and aligning curriculum with workforce needs. Assists Dual Credit and Transfer Peer Teams in meeting requirements related to data, communication, and policy/regulatory/agreements.
• Supports and assists the Associate VP for Academic Success and the Executive Directors of Academic Programs, Credentialing Strategies, Online Learning, Technical Programs, Faculty Development, and Registrar & Records to achieve Action Plan Strategies and Strategic Plan Objectives, such as the promotion of credit for prior learning and work-based learning opportunities in the curriculum. Develops and leads professional development in support of strategic initiatives
Master’s Degree and two (2) to four (4) years’ experience or equivalent.
Doctoral Degree and five (5) years’ experience or equivalent
Additional Skills Requested:
• Knowledge of curriculum design and development models, principles, and practices.
• Understanding of the principles/theories of adult learning and competency-based education.
• Effective communication skills, including presentation, dialog, and negotiation with faculty that promote mutual understanding, compromise, and effective decision-making.
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.