Title: International Admissions Recruiter
Salary Range: $36,500 - $40,000
Contract Term Length: 12 Months
Standard Hours: 37.5
Work Location: Hybrid
FLSA Status: Exempt
College: Jefferson Community & Technical College
Campus Location: Jefferson Community College
Jefferson Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
The Admissions Department of Jefferson Community and Technical College has an
opening for a Recruiter. Candidates fluent in Spanish, Arabic, or East African Languages are preferred.
The primary responsibilities are:
• Focused recruitment of high school and foreign-born students, as well as participating in recruitment
opportunities for transfer students and non-traditional students, including adult learners age 25 and older
• Serving as the primary contact for F1 Visa international students during the Admissions process,
including recruitment, informational sessions with students and families, processing F1 Visa application
materials, creating initial I-20 and acceptance documents for new students, guiding students through
initial Visa application or change of status, facilitating SEVIS record transfers, and transitioning
students to International Student Services at the point of enrollment
• Working closely with the Director of International Student Services to cereate a welcoming, culturally
sensitive college experience
• Participating in college and/or career fairs and recruiting events at local high schools and other locations
throughout the community
• Working with high school ELL (English Language Learner) populations to schedule and host
Admissions presentations, Application Squads, and Next Steps Squads at high schools located in
Jefferson’s 10 service counties
• Advising potential applicants on the Admissions process and following up as appropriate when
• Maintaining communication with prospective students using Customer Relationship Management
(CRM) tools and other web-based recruiting/retention services, including keeping virtual “office hours”
• Helping students apply for scholarships (Ex: Evolve502, Work Ready Kentucky Scholarship, JCTC
Freshman scholarships, etc.) and working with them throughout the application process
• Providing campus tours to groups and individuals as needed
• Building and maintaining good relationships with high school, university, and other educational
• Forming partnerships with outside community partners to better serve local immigrant communities
• Preparing student records for all students who attend ELL Orientation
• Presenting ELL Orientation sessions for incoming new students
• Serving on college-wide committees related to Orientation, student success, and global awareness
• Participating in other Admissions processing work as needed.
Bachelor’s degree, and two years related experience, or equivalent.
Travel to all campuses, as well as some evening/night and weekend work, is required. Candidates fluent in Spanish, Arabic, or East African Languages are preferred.
Additional Skills Requested:
The preferred candidates will have experience in public speaking, conducting tours, college orientations, and working in a college admissions office. This position requires the ability to work in a culturally diverse environment, which consists of frequent contact with a diverse constituency of students, faculty, staff, and the public. Experience with immigrants or international students is preferred. Also, experience working with SEVIS
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.