Title: Nursing Instructor
Salary Range: $45,000
Contract Term Length: 10 Months
Standard Hours: 37.5
Work Location: On-Site
FLSA Status: Exempt
College: Henderson Community College
Campus Location: Henderson Community College
Henderson Community College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
Faculty responsibilities include advising, committee work and other institutional service, community service, and professional development. The successful candidate must possess a strong commitment to student learning and will be receptive to using active and engaged teaching methods and technology in the classroom. In addition, candidates should demonstrate an interest in the mission of the comprehensive community college concept.
• Professional RN with a positive attitude who enjoys teaching students and caring for the geriatric population.
• Effectively teach didactic, lab, and clinical nursing courses.
• Develop and implement web enhanced and/or on-line nursing courses.
• Follows federal and state regulations and guidelines and accreditation standards.
• Must have strong work ethic and dedication to both student and program success.
• Instruct students according to Curriculum Guidelines outlined by KCTCS and the syllabus.
• Demonstrate all nursing skills with proficiency and accuracy.
• Prepare for and conduct classes in an organized and efficient manner.
• Maintain all state required program documentation and classroom requirements.
• Use PeopleSoft to post no shows, last day of attendance, and grades according to deadlines.
• Use Blackboard to post the syllabus, lecture notes, announcements, as well as other important information.
• Supervise and train students at assigned clinical site. Courses may include face-to-face day and evening, hybrid, accelerated, and online delivery modalities.
• Other duties as requested/assigned.
• Specialized assignments may include:
Serve as simulation coordinator (obtain and maintain relevant certification)
o Manage and coordinate student clinical documentation through third party vendor (i.e. Castlebranch)
o Schedule and set up labs in collaboration with peers (labs may include nursing, nurse aide, and other allied health programs)
o Overall management of nursing labs including but not limited to: inventory, ordering supplies, scheduling lab tutors, set up and tear down of labs, maintain labs in working order, identify and organize equipment and supplies, and maintain overall schedule of all labs.
o Participate as requested/assigned in skill demonstration, student practice, and skill testing (nursing, nurse aide, as well as other allied health programs).
• MSN strongly preferred or a BSN (required) with an agreement to complete an MSN within five (5) years of employment.
• Must be a registered nurse who possesses a minimum of two (2) years of nursing experience.
• A current unencumbered Kentucky Registered Nurse License is required.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2023
Additional Skills Requested:
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.