Title: Part-Time Adult Education Instructor
Salary Range: $15.00/hr
Standard Hours: Varies
Work Location: On-Site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
College: Maysville Community & Technical College
Campus Location: Maysville Community College
Department: Adult Education
Provides contextualized, academic instruction to adult education students. Plans, implements, documents, and evaluates instructional practices, procedures, and materials. This position performs duties paid through instructional funds.
• Provides instruction in literacy, adult basic education, GED® test preparation, English language acquisition, family literacy, Integrated English Literacy and Civics Education (IELCE), workforce preparation, integrated education and training, including career pathways, and workplace education, and Kentucky Career Readiness and Essential Skills certificates' preparation.
• Applies research-based instructional practices that incorporate the use of computers and other technologies.
• Is knowledgeable of reading, writing, and/or math instructional strategies.
• Uses instructional strategies, learning practices, and tools appropriate to the needs of the adult student.
• Uses lesson plans integrating instruction across content areas and
Kentucky Skills U Employability Standards.
• Provides continuous feedback and adjusts instruction to maximize student learning.
• Collaborates with colleagues to develop and evaluate curriculum and materials.
• Integrates work-, family-, and community-related activities into instruction.
• Administers and interpret appropriate placement and diagnostic
tests when necessary.
• Applies adult education principles and methods in the classroom.
• Faci I itates the transfer of learned skills from the classroom to the job.
• Plans learning experiences that are interactive and relevant to the specific workforce environment stated within students' career goals.
• Customizes, develops, and delivers workforce-focused education curriculum and lesson plans that facilitate transference from the classroom to the workplace through the integration of the Kentucky Skills U Employabi lily Standards (essential skills).
• At a minimum, dedicates 75% of time in scheduled instruction in managed classrooms or facilitated labs.
• All new instructors must possess a minimum of a bachelors degree in education or a content-related field.
• All new instructors must have earned a 12.9 score on the TABE 9/10
• All new instructors must score within NRS Level 6 on the 11/12 TABE A.
• Math instructors must take and score within NRS Level 6 in Mathematics and Reading.
• Reading instructors must take and score within NRS Level 6 in Reading.
• If an instructor teaches in more than one area, s/he must score within NRS Level 6 in each content area s/he teaches.
• Depending on instructional duties, taking and passing Language may be an option and left to the discretion of the SkilIs U Director.
• lnstructors must score within NRS Level 6 in the aforementioned test(s) within three months of hire.
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.