Title: Part Time CDL Staff Instructor
Salary Range: $25.00 per hour
Contract Term Length: Not Applicable
Standard Hours: 20
Work Location: On-Site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
College: Southcentral KY Community & Technical College
Campus Location: SKY Franklin-Simpson Center
Department: Workforce Solutions
This position will report to the Director of Workforce Solutions (pays $25.00 an hour)
This position will be located at the Franklin-Simpson Campus Franklin, KY
The part-time Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Instructor will be responsible for Class-A CDL range and road instruction, monitoring and documenting student progress and attendance. This is a part-time position used to fill vacancies as needed due to increased enrollment, workload, or scheduling.
Associate degree or equivalent experience and demonstrated competencies in commercial transportation. Must hold a valid Kentucky Class A Commercial Driver’s License. Must have over-the-road CDL driving experience, prefer a minimum of two (2) years. Preference will be given to applicants with experience as a classroom, road and range Class A CDL instructor. In depth knowledge of, and superb ability to teach, every aspect of truck driving is a must.
Additional Skills Requested:
Provide CDL students with quality instruction on-the-range and over-the-road and may provide tutoring for students, as needed.
• Provide top-notch instruction so the students are well-educated and able to pass their written CDL-A permit test, as well as their pre-trip, skills and road tests.
• Continually evaluate student performance and document their progress through attendance forms and checklists.
• While monitoring student progress, identify any gaps and provide additional help as needed.
• Emphasize safely concepts, principles and procedures.
• Help ensure that the trucks are safe, clean and well-maintained.
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.