Title: Staff Instructor III
Salary Range: $40,000
Contract Term Length: 12 Months
Standard Hours: 37.5
Work Location: On-Site
FLSA Status: Exempt
College: Jefferson Community & Technical College
Campus Location: Jefferson Community College
Department: Natural Sciences
Jefferson Community & Technical College offers a competitive benefits package and an attractive work environment that supports excellence, innovation, and creativity including:
The Natural Sciences Department of Jefferson Community and Technical College has an opening for a full time Science Lab Manager.
This position will be responsible for overseeing the Natural Sciences laboratories. Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee safety in the laboratories.
• Prepare science labs weekly on all campuses (Downtown, Southwest, Shelby, Carrollton, and Bullitt) (or schedule a faculty person t or oversee a student worker who will complete preparation).
• Ensure that proper maintenance of laboratory equipment (like microscopes, balances, etc.) is done either in-house or by working with outside contractors.
• Assist Department Head with finding contractors for equipment maintenance.
• Maintain inventories of laboratory chemical, supplies, and equipment and work with Department Heads to ensure equipment is replaced at end-of-life.
• Oversee ordering of chemicals, supplies, and equipment for the laboratories.
• Be available to assist faculty when a second person is needed in a laboratory course.
• Train and help supervise student workers.
• Troubleshoot equipment issues.
• Assist faculty in the development of new experiments.
• Help direct students to where they can get assistance with their science questions.
Bachelor’s degree (related field, chemistry or biology), and one-year related experience, or equivalent.
Candidates must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Candidates should also have experience and sensitivity working with students from diverse backgrounds and a commitment to fostering an inclusive learning environment.
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.