Title: Student Ambassador
Salary Range: $14.00 per hour
Contract Term Length: Not Applicable
Standard Hours: 15
Work Location: On-Site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
College: Southcentral KY Community & Technical College
Campus Location: Southcentral Kentucky CTC - campus could vary
Department: Student Life & Engagement
This position will report to the Director of Student Life and Engagement with a salary of $14.00 an hour working 15 hours a week. Summer hours will vary. Work location could be at any of the SKYCTC campuses.
- For more information about the Peer Mentor program, please contact Dr. David Travis in the Office of Student Life & Engagement on the Main Campus building L, by phone at (270) 901-4348, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Responsible for providing support in assisting all new students. The support areas may include, but not limited to an introduction to the campus resources, goal setting, and academic planning. Some assignments will be directly in serving a specific student population for a special college program and/or grant funded program, etc.
- Answers routine questions; processes forms according to departmental requirements (i.e. progress reports, Microsoft Forms, timesheets, etc.)
- Provides information and assists students with career planning assessment tools.
- Plans and schedules activities for student(s) with direct instructions and assistance of supervisor.
- May utilize the computer to present information to include, but not limited to Blackboard, internet searches for college and university information, and financial aid resources.
- Will assist with office walk-ins.
- Visits classrooms for presentations, check ins, and general assistance
- Conducts tours
- May train others on office procedures
- May refer student to supervisor for advanced assistance.
- May assist student(s) to create a customized course selection guide and academic action plan.
- Works as part of a team
- May assist with social media and be featured in promotional footage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduation from high school or equivalent.
Must have completed at least 12 credit hours at SKYCTC and hold a GPA of 3.0.
Possess oral and written communication skills to deal effectively with a wide variety of individuals from diverse socio-economic backgrounds. Transcripts may be required as proof of completion of two semesters and GPA to confirm requirements.
Must be current student enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours.
*(1) Letter of recommendation from a faculty member is required*
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.