Title: Surgical Technology Clinical Instructor
Salary Range: $22.00 - $27.00 per hour
Contract Term Length: Not Applicable
Standard Hours: varies
Work Location: On-Site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
College: Owensboro Community & Technical College
Campus Location: Owensboro Community College
Department: Business/Health & Public Services
Owensboro Community and Technical College invites applications for part-time clinical assistant to provide instruction in the Surgical Technology program’s on-campus labs and at the clinical site- Owensboro Health Regional Hospital (OHRH).
The duties/responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Provide in-person psychomotor and affective instruction for all laboratory activities
• Provide instruction to students at Owensboro Health Regional Hospital
• Oversee student clinical cases at OHRH
• Schedule student cases at OHRH
• Maintain student records for program/clinical activities
• Pursue ongoing professional development in surgical technology and instruction
• Be a graduate of an education program in surgical technology accredited by a nationally recognized programmatic accreditation agency; and
• Possess a credential in the field of surgical technology through a national certification program that is accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA); and
• Have a minimum total of two (2) years of experience, either in the operating room scrub role or as an instructor in surgical technology, or a combination of both, within the past five years.
Persons approved as didactic/clinical faculty and/or instructional staff under previous standards will continue to be approved in that position at the institution.
Additional Skills Requested:
• Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
• Excellent organizational skills; high attention to detail; independent; self-motivated; able to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels throughout the internal college environment and external business and community partners, representing himself/herself professionally and courteously
• Ability to multi-task, work under deadlines, and prioritize projects to meet deadlines with high levels of efficiency and accuracy
• Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.