Title: Surgical Technology Tutor
Salary Range: $20.00
Contract Term Length: Not Applicable
Standard Hours: varies
Work Location: On-Site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
College: Owensboro Community & Technical College
Campus Location: Owensboro Community College
Department: Business/Health & Public Services
Surgical Technology tutors will provide individual and small group tutoring to students in the classroom, virtually, and/or in other assigned areas on campus.
• Provide flexible opportunities for students seeking/needing tutoring to include virtual and in-person tutoring in the classroom, or other assigned areas, for individual students or student groups.
• Provided tutoring in surgical technology subject specific areas utilizing college skills strategies.
• Assist in reviewing academic challenges, clarifying course material, and working on solutions to aid in content mastery.
• Demonstrate professionalism, confidentiality, communication skills and teamwork in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Complete the required forms for each tutoring session.
• Hold current certification as a CST
• Be a graduate of an education program in surgical technology accredited by a nationally recognized programmatic accreditation agency
• A minimum of two-year experience in a surgical setting within the last five years.
Additional Skills Requested:
• Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to communicate with many individuals at all levels.
• Representing himself/herself professionally and courteously.
• Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.