Title: Part-time Tutor
Salary Range: Starting at $11.00/hour
Contract Term Length: Not Applicable
Standard Hours: 24 per week
Work Location: On-Site
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
College: West Kentucky Community & Technical College
Campus Location: West Kentucky Community & Technical College
Department: Academic Affairs - Student Success Center
Part-time tutor position available at West Kentucky Community and Technical College, not to exceed 24 hours/week.
West Kentucky Community & Technical College (WKCTC), recognized as a top 10 community college in the nation by The Aspen Institute five consecutive times and twice as a Finalist with Distinction, invites applications for the position of Part-time Tutor. WKCTC is a comprehensive community college that provides excellence in teaching and learning, promotes student success, and supports economic development.
SSC Academic Support Staff provide academic supports to students in various formats. Academic Support Staff will conduct study (tutoring) sessions in one-on-one or small group settings in person, online, and/or at off-site locations as scheduled. Sessions can be either on-demand (walk in) or by appointment. SSC Staff Tutors are responsible for tracking all tutoring sessions utilizing the online platform provided. As part of the Student Success Center team, SSC staff will positively contribute to the SSC atmosphere by greeting and connecting students to needed resources, particularly tutoring but not limited to tutoring; therefore, knowledge of the campus and the SSC is important. Academic Support Staff can work from five to 20 hours each week depending upon student needs and applicant availability.
As academic support staff, tutors have routine and non-routine duties that include but are not limited to:
- Work effectively as SSC team member to advance student success and services within the SSC.
- Effectively tutor students following training.
- Work effectively with faculty to provide effective academic support.
- Contact students based on tutoring referrals to schedule sessions with a friendly and welcoming demeanor.
- Staff the centralized desk area to welcome and assist students and others who visit the SSC as needed.
- Successfully complete training and attend meetings.
- Maintain the tutoring space by cleaning and organizing to ensure a welcoming, learning conducive environment.
- Market SSC academic support services (from one-on-one tutoring to Supplemental Instruction as well as Brainfuse).
- Collaborate with Success Coaches, SI Leaders, and the SSC Director to advance academic support.
An exemplary grade (A) is preferred for employment to tutor frequently requested and/or tutored classes. However, a B may satisfy this qualification with strong recommendations from faculty. Faculty recommendations are required. Within six months of employment, tutors will be required to complete training.
Additional Skills Requested:
Thank you for sharing!
KCTCS is an equal opportunity employer and educational institution.
KCTCS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs or activities.